Monday, October 20, 2008

Healthy Young Women Challenge

We are having a Good Health Habits Challenge wherein we each will be choosing ONE thing we can do to take better care of our bodies. The three main areas to choose from are

1. Nutrition-do you need to eat more fruits and vegetables? less sweets? etc.
2. Exercise-are you getting enough?
3. Rest and Relaxation-it is essential for good health!

We each need to choose something within one of these categories and make efforts to improve for ONE MONTH! We will report on this blog (as well as check up on each other at church and activities).

We can all do something, so just choose one thing and leave a comment below to say what your plan is. It should be fun!

3 comments:

Kim-the-girl said...

OK, I'll start us off... for the next month I am committing to exercise for at least 30 minutes a day 5 days a week.

Scotty and Meg said...

I need to eat more veggies. So, I am going to commit to eating a combination of 5 fruits/veggies a day. Anyone have any great veggie recipes? And I am going to cut back on sweets. I am not sure how I am going to do it just yet. I will keep you posted.

Allie:) said...

I need to get more sleep. So, i am going to try my hardest to get in bed by 10ish so i can get 7-8 hours of sleep and get up for seminary. I made it the last two nights!! :) we'll see how long I can keep this going.

and veggie recipies? well i absolutely LOVE butternut squash and we make it almost every week. All you do is buy it at united or something (it is light orange) and cut it up and bake it at like 475 degrees with butter, salt and pepper for like 45 minutes or until it is as soft as you want it. i also love yellow squash, spaghetti squash, acorn squash, peas, corn, broccoli, and asparagus!
...sorry for the long comment but i am soo bored in school lol :)